Rheem Marathon Water Heater | RESCO
G&W Viper® ST Recloser
G&W Electric’s Viper®-ST independent pole operated (IPO) recloser combines the time proven reliability of electronically controlled, vacuum fault interrupters with the maintenance-free benefits of a solid dielectric insulated device. The IPO feature offers ultimate user flexibility by permitting three distinct mechanical operation modes, either 1-phase trip / 1-phase lockout, 1-phase trip / 3-phase lockout or 3-phase trip / 3-phase lockout. The Viper -ST provides overcurrent protection for systems through 38kV maximum, up to 1000A continuous current, with 12.5kA symmetrical interrupting and 16kA symmetrical interrupting up to 27kV. Vertical insulator “L” configurations and horizontal insulator “Z” configurations are available to increase installation flexibility.
Features and Benefits
- Reliable Performance - Viper®-ST reclosers utilize G&W Electric’s time-proven epoxy polymer system to fully encapsulate the vacuum interrupters. This system provides excellent insulation properties while providing fully shielded, void-free construction.
- Ease of Operation - The Viper®-ST is compatible with the SEL-651R control along with a variety of other control options upon request.
- Ease of Installation - The Viper®-ST is lightweight and compact. Site-ready designs provide all accessories preassembled prior to shipment, significantly reducing installation time.
- Power Grid Automation Ready - The Viper®-ST is automation ready, simplifying conversion for any future automation requirements.
- Dead-Line Operation - The unique design of the Viper®-ST magnetic actuator system provides for local and remote operation of the recloser on battery backup in the event that the AC source power is lost or interrupted.
- Voltage & Current Sensing - The Viper®-ST recloser has up to 6 internal voltage sensors and 3 dual-ratio current transformers for current sensing.
To learn more or to place an order, call 800.356.9370